Saturday, June 30, 2012

Our beach!


I had been looking forward to our visit to Palm Cove for quite a while. Two very close friends celebrated their honeymoon here, and I had heard from them about how beautiful it is.

I was only in Palm Cove for a couple of days before I flew out to Melbourne with Mum and Dad for a very sad visit back home. My Auntie recently lost her battle with cancer and we went home for a couple of days to see my family and attend her funeral. Although extremely sad, it was a beautiful funeral and a lovely celebration of Auntie Marion’s life.

Such a quick visit meant that I didn't have time to see many people, but I did get to see two of my closest friends. I love travelling but miss my family and friends so much. After the loss of my beautiful dog in Townsville and now the loss of my Auntie, it was lovely to be able to see my best friends in person. Basically, I really needed a hug and Rach and Beez were ready and eager to give me one!

 

The most difficult thing about flying back to Melbourne was leaving Dan and the boys in Palm Cove. Dan had quite a lot of work on so I was worried about the boys and their constant interruptions. He assured me that they were really well behaved and he didn’t fall behind with work.  They even managed to do a little bit of sightseeing!

 

The town North of Palm Cove is Ellis Beach. The boys, especially Zaccy, were excited to visit our namesake and they thought it was really cool that we were important enough to have a beach named after us.






No comments:

Post a Comment